Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cool views

I chose the Google Maps website to review. What I found really interesting was the fact that I could take a virtual tour of any town I chose to visit. I searched for my address and was able to see everything around my house up close. I could even tell my yard needed mowing (I am such a bad landscaper). I was able to go around the corner and up the street for about five blocks. The tour wasn't a recent view, but it was still extremely COOL!! :-D

The only downside to this website would be the possiblity of being stalked. If someone was obsessed with you and knew your address, they could see right up to your front door. :-o Might ought to think twice before you give your address out. ;-)

JAC

2 comments:

  1. This such an awesome website.. I have even seen the street where my friend in Queensland lives!!! Another cool feature on google is the Google Pedometer... I've used it to keep track of my walking miles.... I was telling Nancy about this... b/c you can mark your route on the map... and the "pedometer" records how far you have walked.. very cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Google Maps! I'm not sure how people found their way around with an old fashioned map before, but I would be completely lost without Google. I really like looking at foreign cities and landscapes using Google maps. It's almost like I'm there right?

    ReplyDelete